AOL is a well-renowned email service which is used to send and receive emails by the users. It is a highly efficient service but at the same time also comes across some unexpected error messages. The user while functioning with the AOL email service encounters a message which is ‘AOL error has occurred’. This issue is often caused due to infinite cookies, virus issues in the system, AOL connectivity service issue in the database and installation as well as un-installation issue. Having said all this, it might come across as something very complex but that isn’t true. It is very easy to troubleshoot this issue. One can always connect with the AOL Email Customer Care to know more about this service, the features that it offers and also regarding the issues the users might come across while using this software. To solve the issue of AOL error has occurred message on your AOL account, you can simply follow the given methods.
Methods to solve the AOL error has occurred issue
Method 1: Clean all browser cookies as well as cache
- Select the ‘Settings’ option which is available on the AOL VR toolbar
- It is suggested that if the users are connected to the internet then choose the ‘Internet Properties’ and if not then tap on the Internet [Web] option.
- Opt for the option which says ‘Clear My Footprints’ and then click on the option of ‘Select Footprints to Clear’ icon.
- After the above-said step, click on the ‘Cookies and Browser Cache’ icon and then choose to ‘Clear Selected Footprints’.
- The AOL toolbar would appear to freeze during the process of clearing the cache and cookies.
- After the clearing is done, click on the ‘Close’ icon.
Method 2: Scan your system for any Spyware or Virus
- This is a very basic troubleshooting method but at the same time a very important one too. Run antivirus software on your system and scan for the possibility of any kind of Spyware or Virus that might be present. If found, clear delete the infected file.
Method 3: Opt for the AOL Quick Restore process
- Right click on the ‘AOL icon’ which is available in the Windows system tray.
- Select the option of ‘System Information’ icon.
- On the left side of the account, choose the AOL software tab.
- Further, choose the option of ‘Quick Restore’ and the hit the ‘OK’ button.
- When the whole process is complete, click on the close icon.
Method 4: Remove all the ‘AOL connectivity service (ACS) databases’
- Right click on the AOL icon which is available on the windows system tray
- Select the ‘One-click Fixes’ icon.
- Choose the ‘Connectivity link’ which can be found under the ‘Categories’ icon.
- Select the option of ‘Fix it for me’ which can be found near the Delete ACS database option. It is necessary to understand that the Delete ACS Database option would be available only in the upgraded AOL software.
- Then, continue to delete the ACS database
- In the end, uninstall the software and later reinstall the software.
Following these steps would solve the issue AOL error has occurred message in AOL account if you come across any kind of issue while undertaking the given steps. Feel free to connect with the AOL Email Customer Support Number, where you would get professional assistance regarding your issue.