Many people while trying to transfer their AOL contacts to Microsoft Outlook face a lot of problems. And maybe it is because they make certain loopholes while executing the steps. The process of transferring is very easy and it doesn’t take that much time to finish. Although man you know how to carry out this process successfully, there are many more out there who require some help from experts. So if you are thinking of transferring your AOL contacts, you must consider to transfer it by exporting a comma-separated value or CVS file which is the most compatible with most email client programs which also includes Microsoft Outlook. So if you want to find out how to transfer AOL contacts to Microsoft Outlook you can continue to read this blog or you can also get the help of AOL certified experts at AOL customer support number.
Like mentioned above, the best way to transfer AOL contacts to Outlook would be through CVS file which is considered to be the most effective way of exporting. So pay attention to the steps below as it will guide you to make a successful transfer of your AOL contacts
- Exporting AOL contacts.
- First, you must sign in to your AOL mail and go to contacts.
- And under the tools option, select ‘export’. And click on the ‘Comma Separated Value’ that looks like a radio button and then click on ‘export’.
- When the file is downloaded, click on ‘save’ and choose an appropriate location on your computer to save them.
- Importing AOL contacts.
- First of all, you need to launch your Outlook and choose ‘import and export’ from the ‘file’ menu.
- Next you must select the option that reads select ‘Import from another program or file’. And after this, hit ‘enter’ to proceed to the next step.
- Now, you need to choose the Comma Separated Value again and then click ‘next’.
- After that, choose the CVS file you just downloaded and click on ‘do not import duplicate items’ and hit ‘next’.
- Finally, you should select the folder where you want Outlook to import the data and click ‘next’ and then select ‘finish’ to end it.
Through the steps mentioned above, you will be able to transfer the AOL contacts to Microsoft Outlook without any problem. However, if you run into any sort of technical error or complication, you should call AOL technical support number to get instant help from professionals.