The popularity of the smartphone revolution has changed the way people access their email accounts. Many email services, including AOL, have made it possible for users to sync their accounts to their mobile phones, making it easier to stay in touch with their contacts. Being one of the most popular email service providers in the market, AOL is compatible with different operating systems and devices, including the iPhone. This article will give you a general overview of how to import your emails and your contacts to your iPhone. Since it is possible that the steps to import your AOL contacts may differ based on your iPhone model you should call the AOL Email customer support number and speak to a trained tech support representative to get a step-by-step guide on how to complete the import process.
Steps to Import AOL contacts to an iPhone
If you want to import your AOL contacts to your iPhone, you will need to make sure your AOL account is configured to iPhone. It is possible that your AOL account is configured to your iPhone, but it can only import emails and notes. Either way, you can refer to the instructions given below to import your contacts:
- Tap the ‘Settings’ icon on the home screen of your iPhone
- Scroll down and look for the ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’ option
- Click the option and open the list of accounts linked to your iPhone.
- Press ‘Add account’ and click ‘Other’ to open the account types.
- Go to the ‘Contacts’ heading and click ‘Add CardDAV Account.’
- Enter the AOL server settings in the field provided and continue.
- You should type ‘carddav.aol.com’ in the server field.
- When asked for the username you need to enter your full AOL ID.
- In the password field, enter your current AOL email password.
You can add a description for your account and then save the changes. Once all the information you entered is verified, your contacts will be imported. If you see a prompt that reads ‘What do you want to do with existing contacts on your iPhone’ you should select the option to indicate you want to keep the contacts on your iPhone and then press ‘Save.’
If you have any trouble completing the steps mentioned above, or if you notice that some of your contacts are missing even after completing the import process, you can call the AOL Email customer care number and speak to a trained software expert to find out how you can troubleshoot the error and sync your contacts.