In this tech era, emails play an essential role in everyone’s life. Almost every website asks for an email ID when you use. Email ID is necessary when you buy a product online. AT&T is a service provider which includes phone service, internet service, and email service. When you take an AT&T internet service an email account is automatically created for you to use. AT&T webmail is famous for its awesome features and high-tech protection.
Setup of AT&T email on MS Outlook:
If you want to use your AT&T email service on MS Outlook go through these steps carefully.
- Firstly, open MS Outlook on your computer. Then at the top of the page in menu bar click on “File”. After that choose “Info” and then “Account settings”. Then again choose “Account settings”.
- Then choose “email” and click on “New”. After that click on the radio sign which is next to the “Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP”. Then again click on the “Next” button. Then check the box right next to the “Manually configure server settings or Additional server type”. Afterward, click on the “Next” button and choose “Internal email” and again click on “Next”.
- This is the main step to set up the AT&T email on MS Outlook. So do it carefully. Fill the “User information” fields. Choose “POP3” from the in the “server information”. Then change the incoming mail server as “pop.att.yahoo.com” and outgoing mail server as “smtp.att.yahoo.com”.
- Then enter your AT&T email account information i.e. email ID and the password to log in. Then check the box to remember your password. Then click on “More settings”.
- After that select the “outgoing mail server” and check the box next to the “My outgoing server requires Authentication”. After that click on the radio sign which is next to the “use same settings as incoming mail server”.
- In this step click on the “Advanced settings”. Then check the box close to “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)”. Due to this action, the field number will be changed to 995. If doesn’t then change the field number to 995 manually.
- In the last step change the SMTP field number to 465. Then select “SSL” and click OK.
- Click on Finish.
The setup of AT&T email on MS Outlook is done. This process is a little complex, so if you face any trouble in this you can contact AT&T customer support. You will get the assistance of experts who will help you in your query.